I don't know how many of you remember, but I started a project about a year and a half ago to refinish my kitchen chairs. They are finally done! I made myself finish them this month and it is very nice to have them completed. My dining room can be put back together now. :) AND I won't have to worry about getting them done after the baby comes. Now, on to my other projects . . . :)
2 comments:
That's beautiful Jamie! How did you do it? I need to do my table and chairs as well
They were stained before I painted them and quite beat up - they were Great Aunt Lois' chairs. I had to fill in bite marks and dings with wood putty, sand, prime with a special primer so that I didn't have to get all of the stain off and then did two topcoats with a sanding inbetween coats. It was a lot of work! It took me over a year to finish them (it wouldn't have taken that long if I'd been more motivated :)They are holding up well so far and they look so much better!
Didn't you redo your table and chairs not too long ago?
Post a Comment