Saturday, June 20, 2009

Our little comb-over


I screamed when I saw Addison sitting on the toilet, huge smile on her face, and hair all around her. James came running (I scared him with my classic Gma Stone's overreaction) and suggested we shave her head, after realizing everything was ok. Instead, we opted for the comb over. All James needs to do it grow another mullett and I can shave the bottom half of my hair. We'll be the perfect redneck family.

9 comments:

Sarah Mitte said...

Wow! I'm so glad Ian never got to that, but I think Ember is going to do all the things that Addie loves to do. She is my little problem solver and she helps herself into anything that the wants. I guess I'm glad she wasn't my first?!
Totally cute blog. I can't seem to find the time to keep mine up. You must not sleep much. :)

James said...

Jami is right when saying she scared me. Because of her reaction, I was expecting to find my daughter passed out with a bag over her head (or some comparable disaster). Instead I see my wife with scissors in her hands, and a giggling little girl sitting on the toilet seat with hair around her. Addie looks up at me, and manages to say though her giggles, "she's funny." Referring of course to her mother acting hysterical. At that point I had to step back out of Addie's sight so that she couldn't see me laughing.

I was disappointed that I didn't get to shave her head.

Jami and James said...

Immediately afterward, she told me "I look like a princess now."

Silly girl.

Good luck with Ember, Sarah! I'm sure you'll have some fun stories to tell.

Ali said...

Oh Jam and James- that was the most hilarious story yet! Addie is such a character...I love it...in a Auntie way:) You guys are going to have such GREAT stories to tell about your little Addison. Thanks for shairing, we love to hear all the events! Ella's squeals are pretty darn cute as well!

Cami said...

that last comment was actually from ME:)

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

Oh boy! Good for you for staying calm enough to grab the camera. I know it will happen to me someday too but right now I'm just thinking, "What would I do?" At least hair grows back. All kids are going to do it, looks like she did it up good!

Ashley said...

Oohhh Jami! Hahaha... I couldn't help but laugh at this post. I have such a new appreciation for your stories after meeting Addie! I'd love to see more pictures of her comb over!

Hart Family said...

Wow. I think that hair cut takes the cake. She is quite talented that is for sure :) You better hide anything that resembles scissors from now on! Love it.

rachwheel said...

That would cause some major stress on my part...I'm very particular about my girls' hair. Hopefully, it grows back quickly!