Friday, November 19, 2010

Turkey Shirts

I found this tutorial over here. As soon as I saw the shirt, I knew I had to make it.

Here's how they turned out:


Addison's Shirt

Ella's Shirt


2 comments:

Hart Family said...

I absolutely LOVE applique. It is my favorite thing to do with my embroidery machine...but look at you, who needs a fancy machine to do it? Not Jami. She is seriously amazing.

Jami and James said...

Not really, anyone can do it. I even have extra feathers and turkey bodies. Want me to send them your way? I could send them early tomorrow morning . . .

The hardest part was deciding the color scheme and that took WAY longer than it should have. All in all it maybe took 2 hours to do both shirts.

Seriously, if you want me to send you some supplies, all you'd have to do it get some white shirts. They don't take long at all. I just did a straight stitch around the edges so they could fray a little to look like feathers. French knots for the eyes, sewed a beak with the machine, and some quick stitches for the feet.

I wish we were all going to be together for Thanksgiving. It's just not the same.

Love you!