Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hike to Timpanogos Caves

September 24th was National Parks Service Day, the day all the national parks are free. We took full advantage and visited Mt. Timpanogos Caves with some family. The girls did awesome hiking up to and from the caves and my 34-week pregnant self did alright for the most part. My left knee really didn't appreciate the hike down - it hurt for days afterward. I guess all the relaxin hormones loosened my left knee joint enough to make things difficult.

Lyndsey and myself - sporting a too small jacket. :)

The cousins

Hiker Ella

The heart of Timpanogos Cave

I can't remember what the curly things are called, but that's the reason Timpanogos is a national monument. I guess they're really rare. They defy gravity by growing in all directions.

A stalactite and stalagmite slowly meeting over the centuries.

A fun excursion - long and exhausting, but one that the girls will remember for quite awhile!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: