First: I successfully made homemade tortillas that were not dry and tough! They were quite yummy - definitely better than store bought. I found out that my problem was over working the dough and adding too much flour. Not that any of you really care, but I was quite excited to have succeeded! :) If anyone is interested on a good tutorial for making tortillas here's the one I found that really helped. http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/4417_tortillas-recipe.htm
Second: Today was a rough day with the Addie-bug. She really tries my patience sometimes! However, in retrospect, there was one quite funny moment where she completely stripped down to her birthday suit. When questioned why she tells me she's a bug. I asked what kind of bug and she immediately tells me she's an ant and plops down on all fours, bum in the air, and crawls around the room for awhile before I am able to get her clothes back on (safety pinned her pajamas shut this time). She certainly takes advantage of me not being able to get to her immediately b/c of nursing Ella! Although, that's probably why she's acting up b/c she wants my attention on her and not Ella . . . oh the trauma of having a new sibling!
A Familiar "New" Commitment
4 years ago
6 comments:
Hey Jam, I was thinking about you and your "Addie issues" last night and wondered if signing her up for some sort of class would help. Soemthing just for her. At the local rec center or something- like a tumbling class or anything simple and cheap! Just a thought.
Ohhhhhh Jami... we need to talk! Tage and Addie seem mighty similar! I was having such trouble with her, but had an experience that has given me some new perspective and the past 2 weeks have been FABULOUS with my dealings with the Tagester. I'll tell you about it. Oh and I'm coming to Utah. End of May, beginning of June, to see Chris' new baby and for Ali's wedding. WOOT WOOT! Can't wait to see you!
Hey! I'm glad to see you have a blog. Now, I can see what yall have been up to!
Oh my dear Jamebelaim. I know it may be hard in the moment of all of these Addie antics, but you are going to have THE BEST memories. Seriously, write them all down, you will laugh everytime you read them. We aren't nearly as exciting at our house, but we do have our moments; although I think Addie takes the cake :)
If your Addison is going to be anything like our - the fun has only begun. Just wait until your 2nd is old enough to join in on the mischief.
Your kids certainly are cute though
Take it easy, new (again) Mommy! I can't believe how beautiful your new little babe is...SO sweet! And Addie...as you know, is just SO much fun! What a personality she has developed! It was good to see you not too long ago. Keep up the good raisin'! Love you!
Post a Comment