Monday, March 29, 2010

Soggy . . .


Ella woke up early this morning and had her bath before Addison. When someone is in the bathroom though, she just can't stay away! She began by throwing a shoe of hers into the water, shortly followed by the toilet bowl scrubber. After quickly removing Addie from the tub, emptying the water, scrubbing the tub, and refilling it again, Addison resumed her bath. I was careful to make sure there wasn't anything else in reach for Ella to dunk as I crossed the room. Ella, however, decided that throwing things in just wasn't enough anymore and climbed in herself. I watched it happen, kind of in slow motion. She recently learned how to climb in and out of the tub, but hadn't tried to climb in when there was water in there. Her first look is one of shock. The second is pure distress, especially when she realized I wasn't going to get her out right away (I was getting the camera). I think she'll think twice before climbing into the tub next time. ;)

Unfortunately, she was wearing her only other pair of shoes when she climbed in. Let's hope they dry in the sun before we need to leave!

2 comments:

Ryan Sarah Hatch said...

Oh how I LOVE stories like this!!! :o) And I loved that you had to get the camera first, I would've done the same! Girls are too much fun!

Hart Family said...

That's the difference between your kids and mine. This is a common tale at our house, EXCEPT for the upset part. There seems to be no difference when they are clothed or unclothed when it comes to the tub.
I LOVE that picture of Ella. SO CUTE.