Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oh Deer . . .

I have seen deer in our yard every day for awhile now. They keep nosing around the garden wondering where all the produce went! Maybe they'll get it in their heads that my garden is not for them! Doubtful though, I've seen more than ever since the summer ended than I did during the summer. It seems like they are reproducing and sticking around instead of heading back up the mountain.

All I can say is that it will be war once spring comes around and I plant the garden! Maybe we'll follow the Indians' example and station our children in the garden to throw rocks at the birds and deer.

2 comments:

Lynds said...

Yes, I'm sure Addie and Ella would love to throw rocks at the deer:) AND it would keep them occupied! It's A Win win situation...what more can a mother ask for?:)

Hart Family said...

Great idea Lynds!! I'd love to see that in action. "Comon' Ella, its over there...Throw harder! Hurry, Ive almost got all the lettuce!"