I can't say Ella really enjoyed her ride in the wheelbarrow. Her expression was one of "I'm not that impressed" the whole time.
She sure is cute though!
"Princess Sleeping Beauty" (When she's in her bathing suit she's "Swimming Beauty") riding her car.
While James was picking up the compost, the girls and I had a picnic in the backyard.
Saturday was spent hauling loads of compost to the backyard to prep the soil for the garden. James had the brunt of the work - loading and unloading more than once! It is so nice to have it all ready though. I couldn't do it by myself and now it's all ready for the seeds I want to plant. I'm excited. The peas are already done, soon to be followed by carrots, beets, lettuce, and maybe some cabbages. Addie and I are starting seedlings for tomatoes and peppers, which are just beginning to sprout. She has loved to water them and watch them grow.
Does anyone else get this excited about a garden? I guess it's another thing that I can measure/see the result of. Some days it feels like I don't accomplish anything and I HAVE to do something that shows that something was accomplished. Like on Friday, I made a few burp cloths because I needed a physical thing to prove I'd actually done something besides change bums. Maybe it's just me, but I suspect other mothers of young children feel the same way.
We ended the weekend today with turning on the grill for the first time this year! Teriyaki chicken burgers with homemade buns and pineapple. Heaven. These have been on my meal plan for a few weeks without coming to fruition because of lousy weather, etc. My tastebuds were happy.
And now to get some rest before beginning the new week . . .
3 comments:
I can't describe the envy I'm overcome with. I want to garden so badly! Alas, I don't even have a patio or windows that can handle window boxes. I've been dreaming about gardening for years. Someday. Your kids are so cute. Yup, I need a physical manefestation of my work every once in a while, too. and somehow getting all the laundry folded just in time to do another 5 loads doesn't quite cut it.
Those wheelbarrow pics are so cute! I love how kids are so unimpressed with things we think they're gonna love...and then they are super impressed with things like spotting a school bus. You just never know!
Also, teriyaki chicken burgers sound FANTASTIC! I want some.
I also get SO excited for gardening--it's the same thing as sewing for me--something I've done that won't be un-done for me in a matter of minutes. There is just something so rewarding about growing things, too--gives me hope that my children will grow ok in time, too, I guess. :)
Post a Comment