So, a local supermarket has awesome deals on produce every Wednesday. This Wednesday they had carrots for .25 cents/pound! I couldn't pass it up and bought 21 pounds and canned them yesterday. Crazy of me, I know, but it was worth it and really was not difficult to do. It just took a lot of time. :)
The end result ended up costing less that .25 cents per pint! (including seals) Worth it in my book!
4 comments:
I love Buy Low! We have been eating a lot of carrots too! I really need to learn the whole canning thing, because I am in awe of how successful you are at getting together all your food storage on a student budget!I really want to do that! You are amazing!
This was a spur of the moment decision, but next time I see a good deal that I want to can I'll give you a call to see if you're interested!
This is AMAZING Jami. Call me too! I've canned a few times with Renae, but I don't do it enough to remember how to actually do it. :(.
And where is Buy Low? I need to go there every wednesday, I think.
Jame you are seriously amazing. I can't imagine doing that with a newborn...you are an example to us all! I need to get to it.
Post a Comment