Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss Ella



Little Ella joined our family on Thursday, March 5th around 7:30pm. I actually went into labor on my own this time and didn't have to be induced! She was even two days early. I can't say that the few days before she came were so pleasant though. :) I started having regular contractions every night, starting Monday, that would be hard enough to keep me awake, but would just stop in the morning. :) So, I've been sleep deprived for quite awhile now. Oh well, it goes with the territory, right?

Everything went well with the labor, no complications whatsoever. Addison is having a bit of a hard time adjusting, but seems to be doing better now that we are a little bit closer to our normal routine. She is having a day out with Grandma Harward today! She'll have a blast.

My mother was able to come out last week and help. I don't think I would have survived without all of her help, Thanks Mom!

Ella is a really sweet baby, not colicky like Addie was, and is easy to take care of. We are happy to have her in our family and look forward to her growth and development. I'm curious to see what her personality is going to be like.

Wish me luck as I adjust to being a mother of two!

9 comments:

Ashley Harward said...

Congrats Jamie! She's gorgeous.

Taylor Gardner said...

Jami (and James), she's just beautiful! I have been hoping for the past few days that you've posted pictures. I was so excited to see her. She looks so healthy and gorgeous. Congratulations :) Please let me know what I can do to help...getting groceries, playing with Addie for a few hours, you name it!

Lucia said...

Congratulations! She is so cute, and I love the name Ella! As soon as we are done being sick, we'd love to have Addie over to play so she can have a mini-outing!

Jessie said...

She is so beautiful, good work guys! And I know you'll do great, Jami. Also--I love the name Ella, too! Even though you were undecided so recently, I think you picked a great one. So sweet.

Jessie said...

Also, not to change the subject or anything, but... did you hear that Addie made a new friend in nursery? There is a new little girl in there who lives in the Beutler's complex who just adores Addie, and wanted to play with her the whole time. So cute.

Amanda said...

Ella is adorable! Congratulations!I love all the pictures =). I'm glad everything went well, and I hope you're able to catch up on some sleep soon!

Ashley said...

So cute! Congratulations Jami! I figured you had your baby since I didn't end up hearing from you!

Kristin Kimble Purles said...

She's so cute Jami! She looks plump and healthy, all you could ever want! I have to admit, looking at the pictures of a newborn makes me breath a little harder as I realize how soon it will be for me. Crazy! Good luck and congratulations!

Sarah Mitte said...

Congratulations, Jami. Ella is beautiful! You are a wonderful mother. And I'm so glad she's not colicky...that's the hardest thing to deal with.